Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Lost Tini.....

.... for 1.5 hours.

I was folding laundry when I realized I hadn't seen her in about a half hour. Not unusual, but frightening all the same. I look in the usual spots; under the bed, in her tunnel, the litter box, the balcony, our closets, under the covers....no Tini. I pull my sweater storage tupperware out from under the bed. I pull all the books, magazines, CD folders... everything out! No Tini. Looked in the linen closet, the food closet, under the couch cushions, in the kitchen cabinets and drawers. No Tini.
My neighbors graciously helped me look outside... in all the stairwells, behind all bushes, under cars... No Tini. . I shook her favorite bell toy, rattled her bag of treats... No Tini.

I stayed close to the apartment in case she returned, and continued to check the inside again and again and again. I looked to Bentley at one point, and said.... she's really not here is she???

Then! I heard a faint... meow. I tip-toed toward the sound. It was coming from Josh's closet. But I had already checked there! On all the shelves, in the dirty clothes basket, everywhere. Then I hear it again..... mew. The boxer drawer!! She was in the boxer drawer!!! I was folding laundry and she must have jumped in while I was putting clothes away! I shut her in there myself!! AHHHHH! bad mom!!!

No comments: