Saturday, February 28, 2009

Clinics so far

This was 2010's first day on clinics. In this picture we are in ICU learning lots of things. Thats my yellow elbow in the corner!


I have been on radiology for 2 weeks now with 2 weeks left in the rotation. It's been fun... as long as I'm getting cases to radiograph. It's not just dogs and cats, we also do large animals, wildlife and exoticsand. It's also not just simple xrays- we do fluoroscopy, bone scans, CT and a new MRI will be installed in March! I'll be off radiology by then, but I'm still excited about it.

This is a blue and gold Hyacinth Macaw. His name is albert, and he is BEAUTIFUL!


Sometimes when we get bored, we travel over to visit the farm animal people. This is a 2 year old bull that fractured his third metacarpal. I took a radiograph of it and oh my gosh... it was shattered! Three pins were placed to try to stablize the limb, but the pronosis for return to function is not good. Since he has a red coat, we all called him Red Bull. :)


This is a baby goat that belongs to the anesthesia tech. She is sooo cute!! She would butt heads with me if I lowered my head down to hers!


This is an owl that came in a couple days ago needing a full body exam, and also a radiograph of the right wing. Possible subluxation of the right wing.


Here we are in action. I know, I know... I don't have my lead apron on yet- but trust me.... I always wear it!!


Here is something pretty impressive. This is a horse that I radiographed last week, but in this picture he is back for a CT! He presented last week after having a seizure. No recent trauma could be found in the c-spine or skull, but the radiologist recommended CT to further evaluate. I don't know the results of this scan.


A Chinese Crested!!! So cute! Apparently I'm the only one that thinks so....

No comments: